[Gllug] Hardware recommendation, esp. SANs and shared storage

Chris Ball chris at void.printf.net
Thu Aug 8 15:29:34 UTC 2002

>>> On Thu, 8 Aug 2002 16:16:28 +0100 (BST), Matthew Kirkwood <matthew at hairy.beasts.org> said:

   MK> Hi, We're looking to put together some fairly hefty Oracle
   MK> servers, initially configured as primary and standby, but
   MK> ultimately we're planning to go the real application clustering
   MK> route, as the business people think load could quadruple in a
   MK> year, and the finance people believe them :-)

Oracle are supporting Linux again?  Last I heard they were only
supporting Red Hat, and then I got the impression that they were
ditching RH owing to library brokenness in most of 7.x..

- Chris.
--
$a="printf.net";  Chris Ball | chris at void.$a | www.$a | finger: chris@$a
 <@jwz> The human genome is about 3 gigabases long, which boils down to