[Gllug] Star Wars on digital screen

John Hearns john.hearns at cern.ch
Thu May 23 13:56:51 UTC 2002

On Thu, 2002-05-23 at 15:40, Vincent AE Scott wrote:
> Rev Simon Rumble(simon at rumble.net)@Tue, May 21, 2002 at 01:54:24PM +0100:
> > I saw it in Brixton and it was excellent.  Crystal clear.
> >

> me too.
boring tecchy question.
Anyone know how they get the data to the cinemas?
I've been interested in digital cinema for yonks.

Last time around, with Episode 1 I remember reading that RAID array(s)
were freighted in to the Empire, Leicester square with the data
pre-loaded.

I gues this time round though, as Vince surmises, DVDs are
shipped out.

Anyone know for sure? DVDs? Satellite downlinks?
Big fat IP pipes?

> oh yeah, and the story was pants.  IMHO.

Maybe.
But who cares when Master Yoda swoops in with (snip, not fair to
spoil the story)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk