[Gllug] Combined phone and broadband in the Barnet Area

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Fri Aug 17 20:13:40 UTC 2007

On Fri, 17 Aug 2007, John Winters wrote:

> A trick I used to use in the days I moved house more often was always to
> request a re-connection rather than an installation.  Unless it's a new
> build house (not likely in the bracket I was working in) there's almost
> certain to be some sort of phone wiring already in the building.  Make
> sure there's a phone (wire one in yourself if necessary) and then
> request a re-connection.  Once the job had been entered into the system
> as a re-connection (at a much smaller charge) it didn't seem to matter
> how much work they had to do - the price didn't go up.  I don't know
> whether it would still work these days.

That wont work for those who are getting a BT line after having had a line
provided by an LLU provider in the past (or where the previous occupent
had that) as BT do actually have to get an engineer to do some work beyond
typing a command on a keyboard.

Jason
--
UKFSN.ORG		     Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/	       up to 8Mb ADSL Broadband from just £14.98

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk