[Gllug] OT: Paying for stuff - Was: So no one has opinions about ISPs?

Dan Kolb gllug at eco.li
Sat Aug 4 14:35:45 UTC 2007

On Sat, Aug 04, 2007 at 01:06:11AM +0100, Caroline Ford wrote:

> Paypal is good for international payments as there is no fee for a non
> GBP payment. Banks have a habit of charging you ?1.50 or something for
> non sterling payments which on little payments is unacceptable.

I'd love to find some bank that'll do international payments for £1.50. Last
time I tried, an IBAN/SWIFT transfer cost around £20. This was a bit irritating
when I was trying to pay for about £15 of goods, so I ended up using Paypal.

Dan
--
Love is an ideal thing, marriage a real thing; a confusion of the real with
the ideal never goes unpunished.