[Gllug] boot sequence hangs after "Starting HAL daemon"

Chris Hutchison cshutchison at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 15:46:54 UTC 2007

g'day, all

I'm bring my old Dell Dimension back from the dead with some new
hardware (DVD drive, LCD monitor, keyboard, mouse, graphics card, sound
card) and a switch from Mandriva to Sabayon (though not yet installed).

The problem is this: everything was OK (I tested it) until I then
replaced graphics card and sound card, and now when booting it hangs
after "Starting HAL daemon".  I have absolutely no clue what's going
on.  Any one have any suggestions?

Thanks in anticipation

Chris

--