[Gllug] So no one has opinions about ISPs?

Iain Conochie iain at shihad.org
Wed Aug 1 09:41:41 UTC 2007

<snip>
> Personal recommendations are the way for me to go, here, so does anyone
> have one?

Personally, I have been using Be (www.bethere.co.uk) for the last year
and had no major issues with them. And if you exchange supports ADSL 2
then you may get up to 24Mb download (depends on how far you are from
the exchange etc). They will give you a static IP address for an extra 4
quid a month. The only issues I have had is when the router they supply
drops the connection and tries to re-connect but does not. A simple
reboot of the router fixes that.

Never had to phone their customer service so I cannot comment on that,
but for a "wires only" service they are fast and functional

Cheers

Iain
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk