[Gllug] So no one has opinions about ISPs?

t.clarke tim at seacon.co.uk
Wed Aug 1 11:04:23 UTC 2007

Unfortunately I think the problems with ISPs is common to any 'commodity'
product or service one buys these days.

Margins are cut so low that suppliers can/will not afford to pay for good
support facilities.   So if you get one of 'whatever' that works fine its great
but if you get a dodgy 'whatever' then bad luck you have often to go though many
hoops to get the problem fixed!

As an aside I would be quite happy to see all  manufacturers forced to
provide 'useful life' info on each product and within that period give at least
a proportionate refund on any irrepairable item within that period.  So, if
your toaster has a'useful life' of 5 years and claps out after 3  you will get
2/5ths refunded.   Ok, it will cost the manufacturers money and put prices up
marginally,  but at least everyone would bear the cost rather than the
poor sods that get the duff'uns.

Hopefully if a manufacturer quoted silly useful lives, customers would simply
by from another manufacturer.

Tim
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk