[Gllug] So no one has opinions about ISPs?

Dylan dylan at dylan.me.uk
Wed Aug 1 10:26:36 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 01 August 2007, Henrik Morsing wrote:
> Really... I've had nothing but problems with them. Two biggest one are
> that their "24h phone support" is only open 8am - 8pm and that when their
> answering machine doesn't announce that they're closed, it takes them
> 40-50 minutes to answer the phone. On top of this you constantly get put
> on hold.

I've only had to call them once, and got answered within 5 mins (compared to
other phone lines - banks etc - that's practically instant!)

I usually try to contact ISPs by email as that allows me to let them know I
know what I'm talking about and don't want to click through a load of dialogs
whaen I've already diagnosed a fault as being outside my own control. They
have always responded within an hour or so which is good enough for email
support.

> And this is not just based on one incident but at least five, if not more,
> over the last 2-3 years or so.
>
> I have previously been with PlusNet and they're absolutely superb.

I'll have to differ there - I used them for three years before going to
entanet - customer service was non-existant beyond "open the control
panel ..." and the service dropout would be as much as daily on many
occasions. Maybe they've got their act together in the last few years.

Dylan

--
"The blizard was alone on Earth and knew no equal."
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk