[Gllug] LinuxConf Europe, Cambridge, 2-5 September

Alasdair G Kergon agk at ox.compsoc.net
Thu Aug 16 21:54:43 UTC 2007

        LinuxConf Europe 2007 Conference & Tutorials, Cambridge

                 Sunday 2nd - Wednesday 5th September

The full timetable for this event is now online at:
  http://www.linuxconf.eu/timetable
  http://www.linuxconf.eu/programme

The technical programme is particularly strong this year because the
annual invitation-only Linux Kernel Developers' Summit visits the UK
this year and overlaps with our event in the same hotel.  Some top
developers from around the world are arriving early and taking part in
our conference.  Please don't miss this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity
to meet them and make them feel welcome in the UK!

The conference dinner is on Sunday evening, after which Dr David
Hartley, a former director of the Cambridge University Computing
Service, will offer a personal view of the development of computing
in Cambridge University.

On Monday evening we're visiting the air museum at Duxford, with its
Concorde.

There is the opportunity to take Linux Professional Institute exams
on Tuesday afternoon.

Topics covered in the tutorial stream are: SystemTap, RDMA, Cell
Programming, Linear Programming, GIT, RPM, High Availability, Chip
Development and Ruby on Rails.

If you wish to come, please book ASAP - the official deadline is Friday
17th August - and mention the event to any friends and colleagues who
might be interested!

Prices are shown on the website and there is a 25% discount for UKUUG
and XML UK members.  O'Reilly will be offering books at a 35% discount.

N.B. There are also still some discounted places available for students
or linux developers who would otherwise be unable to afford to attend.
Please contact me (agk at linuxconf.eu) or office at ukuug.org if you want
more details.

Organised by the UK Unix User Group and the German Unix User Group.
|  Bytemark    Sun    Novell   Linux Magazine   LinuxUser & Developer  |
|  The Positive Internet Company   Collabora                           |

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk