[Gllug] So no one has opinions about ISPs?

John G Walker johngwalker at tiscali.co.uk
Thu Aug 2 13:22:22 UTC 2007

On Thu,  2 Aug 2007  7:18:42 +0100 "t.clarke" <tim at seacon.co.uk> wrote:

> Yep  !   saynoto0870 is very useful,  but sadly does not always
> include a number I need.   However it has a very good 'hit rate' and
> has probably saved me a lot of dosh over time.

On the other hand, it is very enthusiastic about AOL, to the exclusion
of any other ISP. I find this very strange, if not disturbing.

> There may be some justifcation in using 0870 number for support lines
> where you are asking for help (as opposed to reporting faults),  but
> I know of at least one company that published only an 0870 on its
> letterhead, for general purposes  -  now that IS taking the p***  !!

FWIW, Entanet use an 0870 number for their sales. I'm not sure what the
justification might be for charging people to talk to a salesman, but
I'm not sure I'd go along with it,

--
 All the best,
 John