[Gllug] So no one has opinions about ISPs?

John G Walker johngwalker at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Aug 1 21:39:06 UTC 2007

On Wed, 1 Aug 2007 22:31:13 +0100 Ian Norton-Badrul
<bredroll at darkspace.org.uk> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 01, 2007 at 10:48:29AM +0100, Henrik Morsing wrote:
> > I have previously been with PlusNet and they're absolutely superb.
>
> Plusnet terminated my contact for 'unspecified reasons' and continued
> to bill my switch card every month for 5 months, they refused to let
> me contact them to complain because my account was blacklisted...
> Every phone call I made I was told to lodge a ticket online, which I
> couldn't do becuase my account was closed..
>
> In the end I reported to my bank that 'some funny internet company is
> showing up on my statement and i've never authorised any payments',
> natwest changed my card and gave me my refund.
>
> Oh, and plusnet still send me spam as though I was still a customer
> ( 2 years later ).

FWIW, thinkbroadband rate PlusNet around about the same as Tiscali. But
then, I've been with Tiscali for almost six years and only just have
had problems with them.

Experiences vary, but I don't think I'll bank on being lucky with the
next ISP I go with,

--
 All the best,
 John