[Gllug] dual boot debian on sparc

- Tethys tethys at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 09:15:31 UTC 2007

On 8/1/07, Ian Norton-Badrul <bredroll at darkspace.org.uk> wrote:

> Any hidden gotchas I might come accross? ( At current I only have debian etch
> on this and have left partitoned space for solaris later )

It's all fairly straightforward. The only thing you need to watch out
for is not putting your UFS partitions at the start of the disk. It's
been many years since I last did it, but from memory, ext2/3 leaves
enough empty space at the start of the partition that it doesn't
conflict with the bootloader. UFS doesn't, so you need to allow a bit
of extra space.

Tet

--
Perl is like vise grips. You can do anything with it but it is the
wrong tool for every job. -- Bruce Eckel
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk