[Gllug] Problems with Centos CentOS repo

paul at ma1.se paul at ma1.se
Thu Aug 2 10:46:45 UTC 2007

Stephen Nelson-Smith wrote:
> On 8/2/07, paul at ma1.se <paul at ma1.se> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Anyone experiencing issue's with Centos Repo's recently? I'm trying to
>> create and update VPS (but its all yum based) but have to make several,
>> repeated attempts to succeed, due to the following error.http://mail.google.com/mail/?auth=DQAAAHkAAACRgvnc5InUSrdQ24pB2snx3VLBykvWKnBv0oOws_B8GibrOk5CpjJ-7lBqpN0P6SjVW8Zf8aUm_mNQjGjH28ftWDKN0eDoGIoP_C7EpNoD_g2mtVSd7wCtvNQ3ho4Rt1XY-tf_k0RdbAPYht3aYDYhQ3pTanrfz-y531cmIEEfHw&shva=1
>
> Are you using vzyum on the host machine?  I've updated my ve's this
> morning with no problem.
>
>> 4/4/updates/i386/repodata/filelists.xml.gz:
>>  > [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum
>>  > Trying other mirror.
>>
>> I've tried to clean the cache to no avail.
>
> yum clean metadata?
>
>> Paul
>
> S.
Stephen

Yes vzyum is working fine, having just updated an openvz centos VPS's
this morning. Also I updated my "real" Centos desktop box without issue.

The problem I was having yesterday was with Virtuozzo using their EZ
template system (which is more yum based, similar to openvz) for both
centos-4 and centos-5 vps creation, but I'll try again to see if this
persists. Shame, as it used to work very well.

Regards

Paul
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk