[Gllug] Ceasing an ADSL telephone line

Paul Cupis paul at cupis.co.uk
Sun Aug 19 09:59:51 UTC 2007

Jason Clifford wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Aug 2007, Paul Cupis wrote:
>
>>> Not FUD but actual experience. I run an ISP every day.
>> Me too, so my actual experience tells me that it is FUD.
>
> How can it be FUD if it is actually happened and not just once or twice
> but many times?
>
> It's either happening in which case it is not FUD or I am lying. I am not
> lying.

Well my experience interacting directly with BTwholesale does not
support your position. My views are based on direct experience. The only
time when we are not advised in advance of a PSTN CEASE causing ADSL to
be stopped is if the line is not ceasing per se but being unbundled
(either SMPF or MPF).
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk