[Gllug] Does ubuntu support Nvidia SATA?

Andy McGarty andy at mac1systems.com
Sat Aug 4 20:49:40 UTC 2007

I'd like to be able to read an NTFS sata drive via linux, its on an nvidia
driver (Ausu A8N SLI-premium mb).

I've tried the knoppix live CD V5.1.1 and its only seeing the IDE drive.

I have another ide drive I can install ubuntu onto, but don't want to
waste time if its not supported.  I've read through some of the hardware
support lists and it mentions the nvidia controller but I'm not sure if
its in the ubuntu release, and if its not then how easy is it likely to be
to install?

Note, I'm not trying to install onto a sata drive, just see if it can read
the ntfs drive I have.

cheers as usual.

Andy

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk