[Gllug] SIGSEGV error

t.clarke tim at seacon.co.uk
Wed Aug 29 14:23:32 UTC 2007

A SIGSEGV fault is generally due to a program bug; as you say, addressing memory
outside its address range.   Probably due to faulty pointer arithmetic if the
code compiles ok.

You do not say what language the program is written in.

The only time I have had a segmentation fault in C code I have written I found
it simply be looking closely at the code.

I am in no way an experienced  C programmer, so I am sure others could
advise as to how to figure out where the code is failing.

Tim
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk