[Gllug] So no one has opinions about ISPs?

Henrik Morsing henrik at morsing.cc
Wed Aug 1 10:56:28 UTC 2007

Jason Clifford said:
> On Wed, 1 Aug 2007, Henrik Morsing wrote:
>
>> Really... I've had nothing but problems with them. Two biggest one are
>> that their "24h phone support" is only open 8am - 8pm and that when
>> their answering machine doesn't announce that they're closed, it takes
>> them 40-50 minutes to answer the phone. On top of this you constantly
>> get put on hold.
>
> Can you provide me more information regarding this so I can raise it with
> the support manager.

I'll have to go though my old emails. I haven't had to phone them (with a
serious problem) since end of last summer where I had an outage that
lasted almost three months. They kept going round in circles and
constantly refused to help.

This was affecting my work as well as I'm on-call and need to be able to
VPN in over-night.

> I've not had similar complaints from anyone else.

You have from me but I can't say if you've had complaints from others ;-)
. I have spoken to you on several occasions telling you that I through
days couldn't get through to them. On one occasion you did phone them and
raised a high priority ticket which helped a bit but still took them ages
to actually look at the problem.

They also managed to cancel my direct debit once without telling me, then
closed the line because of a missing payment and it took me three phone
calls to sort it out because they everytime just ran a line test and said
everything was fine. I didn't have a clue what was going on...

> What number were you dialling? When?

I know they changed numbers - the one I currently have is 08702243494. I
normally attempt a phone call when I get to work in the morning so 7-7:30
and then continue through the day.

I have in the past only a few times tried to email them and had to go back
and check if I had actually emailed /dev/null.

I just can't believe that I'm that unlucky with them on so many occasions.
The first year I had constant problems with the line and every call they
forced me to go through the whole factory resetting modem, master socket
etc procedure even though I tell them it's a recurring problem and can
they please have a proper look at it.

Henrik

--
Regards,