[Gllug] Oddball boot problem when adding extra hard disk

Chris Jones cmsj at tenshu.net
Mon Aug 20 22:57:08 UTC 2007

Hi

Phil Reynolds wrote:
> (I have it like this mainly to have spare space for emergency use, and

I'm sadly unable to suggest anything for grub, but I would point out
that one of the nice things about more modern distros is that they are
much more aware of the devices attached to them than they used to be, so
 your cdrom should be linked to /dev/cdrom wherever it occurs on the bus.

Some take this even further and use UUIDs for disks, so their partitions
will always be found, no matter how they are connected.

Cheers,
--
Chris Jones
  cmsj at tenshu.net