[Gllug] Assorted computer hardware available - getting rid of stuff

Jack Bertram jack at jbertram.net
Sat Aug 25 10:14:35 UTC 2007

I'm getting rid of clobber in my flat (and have just got a new iMac, so
I don't need this stuff any more).  I have two computers (one working,
one no longer booting but with some good bits and pieces inside it,
probably fixable with the right effort) and a monitor, plus assorted
bits.

Things would need to be collected from Hoxton.  Let me know if you are
interested.  I'd rather avoid first come first serve, so I will decide
who to give it to based on (i) the nobility of the use that you will put
it to (e.g., a new computer for a charity or something like that) and
(ii) (as a tiebreaker; I'm not looking to make money out of it) how much
cash you will offer me for it.

Please reply off-list.

Jack

Kit below
---------

20" Formac Gallery LCD monitor.

Maxi-tower system (works perfectly, has been my main machine running FC3
for years)
- Athlon 64 3000+
- 1GB RAM
- 6 hard disk drives (total about 500GB?)
- CD writer
- DVD writer

Mid-tower system (was my Windows machine; now not booting; may need
salvaging for parts)
- Athlon 64 3000+ (?)
- 1 or 2 GB RAM?
- 150MB HDD
- goodish Geforce video card
- DVD-ROM
- Coolermaster Centurion case

Odds and sods: a few random cards (e.g., a couple of WinTV cards, network
cards, some spare HDDs which may/may not be working, etc.)