[Gllug] Things taking up space in my garage, that would lookgood in yours ; -)

Alex Crow acrow at integrafin.co.uk
Sun Aug 19 11:16:02 UTC 2007

> Dual Celeron 450 - running FreeBSD and providing a DHCP server, and the
> place from which my private network begins, though that is currently
> unused. Plan to convert this to Debian, unless I can find a better way
> of achieving what I really want.

Phil,

I remember those boards that could run 2 cellys - wasn't it something
from Abit? Very, very cool and cheap way to get into SMP at the time. My
dual Oppie (preceded by an *incredibly* noisy and hot dual Athlon MP)
cost me a bloody fortune and now you can pick up dual-cores for pennies!

However since it's a server-class board it has lots of features (2xGB
ethernet, 6 Sata Ports, up to 32GB of RAM) so I can't moan.

Alex

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk