[Gllug] Things taking up space in my garage, that would lookgood in yours ; -)

Phil Reynolds phil at tinsleyviaduct.com
Sun Aug 19 08:51:29 UTC 2007

On Sat, Aug 18, 2007 at 04:11:44PM +0100, Alex Crow wrote:
> Ahh.. forgot my catalog - meagre by comparison, and mostly Intel:

Mine is actually shrinking - my "experimental" period requiring lots of
hardware is over - operating systems I have decided to drop are going on
qemu.

There are still a few switched off though.

AMD Sempron - forgotten what speed - my desktop which also acts as a
mail server. 1Gb RAM since June. Debian stable.

Dual Celeron 450 - running FreeBSD and providing a DHCP server, and the
place from which my private network begins, though that is currently
unused. Plan to convert this to Debian, unless I can find a better way
of achieving what I really want.

P4 - once again not sure what speed, with a Digium TDM31B card in it -
this of course makes it my (asterisk) PBX. Debian stable.

K6/2 300 (I think) - Debian testing, my jabber server.

AMD Athlon64 4000 - this is my partner's machine - running Windows XP,
but it's still not fully set up so he's using my desktop for now. (This
was a fairly ordinary AthlonXP until last week when it finally gave up.)

My work laptop - dual-boot, Windows and Debian stable.

Also, there is a large printer (HP LJ5Si MX) on my network - it jams on
feeding, rather a lot, and also reports "jam" instead of paper out -
plan to sort that but it generally works well.

PCs sitting around switched off:

3 Pentium 1 systems - two of about 90-100 MHz, and one 133. Two of them
ran Windows 98 when last used, the other NetBSD.

Non-PCs:

I have an old rubber-key Sinclair ZX Spectrum, in working order. It is
unlikely to be used as there are good emulators.

I have a fair few monitors knocking around - though I plan to scrap some
and give one to my mother.

So that's 9 working PCs, 6 on, 3 off, one working non-PC, one other piece
of related hardware on the network.

--
Phil Reynolds
 o  ____ mail: phil at tinsleyviaduct.com
|L_ \  / Web: http://www.tinsleyviaduct.com/phil/
(_)- \/  Waltham 66, Emley Moor 69, Droitwich 79, Windows 95
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk