[Gllug] OT: Paying for stuff - Was: So no one has opinions about ISPs?

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Fri Aug 3 12:00:59 UTC 2007

On Fri, 3 Aug 2007, Alain Williams wrote:

> > > I know this can be done in the states but I don't think it's
> > > possible here (yet) - it's a "one-shot" virtual credit card that you
> > > can load with whatever value you want to make a particular payment.
> > > Once the value is used it's dead... a good solution imho
> >
> > I have seen this or something similar in the UK. It's very expensive
> > though.
>
> I have a credit card that I use just for purchases over the Internet.
> The credit limit is much lower than that for my other credit cards.

The OP was refering to a virtual card which can safely be used for one off
payments secure in the knowledge that the merchange simply cannot raise
additional charges against it as the card doesn't really exist except as a
reference point for the single payment.

Jason
--
UKFSN.ORG		     Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/	       up to 8Mb ADSL Broadband from just £14.98

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk