[Gllug] Microsoft was distributing Ubuntu

Alex Smith asmith at asmhosting.com
Sun Jul 1 12:20:03 UTC 2007

>> Yes its better but not wonderful yet. Every version of Ubuntu is better
>> but it still will not do duel screen and work with every every single
>> wireless card out of the box like windows!
>
>Windows doesn't work with every wireless card out of the box.

Far from it, not a single wireless card in my house works* with windows out
of the box. Maybe I'm just unlucky :/

Oh and Ubuntu does do dual screen for me... Load the restricted drivers.

Alex

* The only device that is detected by Vista on the 8 computers in my house
is the ipw3945 intel card in my laptop, and that doesn't work properly.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk