[Gllug] [OFFTOPIC] Re: Vista vs seven

Christopher Hunter cehunter at gb-x.org
Tue Dec 8 15:10:19 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-12-08 at 09:36 +0100, Chris Bell wrote:

>    Have you tried the Knoppix CD with a screen reader? I downloaded it from
> the university of Kent http://www.mirrorservice.org. It does at least have a
> screen reader. "KNOPPIX_V6.0.1-ADRIANE_V1.1CD-2009-02-08-EN.iso"

Klaus Knopper built that version of Knoppix for his wife Adriane (who's
blind), so he has a vested interest in getting it right.  Mark, my blind
friend, said that it was a superb distro - the first Linux flavour he
really got on with, though he had minor hassles with the install (there
was an issue with deciding the partitioning scheme of the drive).

C.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk