[Gllug] Thunderbird problem

Chris Bell chrisbell at chrisbell.org.uk
Thu Sep 1 21:20:54 UTC 2011

On Thu 01 Sep, John Winters wrote:

> I don't use Windows but I do use Thunderbird.  I'm puzzled by your problem.
>
> If the email has a reply-to address, why is your friend trying to type
> the address in?  Just hit "Reply" and any decent MUA will use the
> reply-to address correctly.
>
> Thunderbird displays addresses which it doesn't know in red, but it
> doesn't stop you sending to them.
>
> HTH
> John
> --

   Thanks for the reply, I will pass it on. The person who asked has been
trying to wean people away from total Microsoft and was trying to provide
help. He had not found an answer via Google, I have never seen the problem,
could not find Thunderbird running here, and was just going out, so I asked
here.

--
Chris Bell www.chrisbell.org.uk

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk