[Gllug] Thunderbird problem

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Thu Sep 1 17:04:11 UTC 2011

On 01/09/11 15:57, Chris Bell wrote:
> Hello,
>     I do not use Thunderbird or Microsoft, but I have just been asked about a
> problem using Thunderbird on Microsoft. An email arrived with reply-to
> address different from the originating address, but while typing it in on
> the reply, as soon as the @ was entered the entire line turned red and it
> would not send until the new address was entered into the address book. Is
> there a correct way to do it?  Thanks.

I don't use Windows but I do use Thunderbird.  I'm puzzled by your problem.

If the email has a reply-to address, why is your friend trying to type
the address in?  Just hit "Reply" and any decent MUA will use the
reply-to address correctly.

Thunderbird displays addresses which it doesn't know in red, but it
doesn't stop you sending to them.

HTH
John
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk