[Gllug] Thunderbird problem

Simon Wilcox essuu at ourshack.com
Fri Sep 2 09:26:25 UTC 2011

On 02/09/2011 10:11, Chris Bell wrote:
>     I have not seen the problem but have suggested that the original email
> may have included a reply-to request that was not within the header, so
> could not have been found by Thunderbird.

In that case the most likely problem was a typo in the address.
Thunderbird will check address validity and will refuse to send to an
improperly formatted address.

Once they'd added it to the address book, presumably correctly, it
worked. Fixing the typo would have worked just as well although it would
still have shown as red because it wasn't in the address book.

Simon.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk