[Gllug] copying hard drives in Linux

Oliver Krimpas oliver at krimpas.com
Sun Sep 4 12:31:22 UTC 2011

Hi - I'm based in North London (Holloway/Highgate) and I need to copy (clone) a USB hard drive (formatted Ext2), onto two memory sticks and two hard drives. Is there anyone with a Linux machine in North London who'd be up for helping me with this? I think it's pretty straightforward. The drive has about 32Gb on it.

It's a digital, projectable file of a short film, in a format known as a DCP (Digital Cinema Package).

I've tried installing Ubuntu on my Mac in an attempt to do it myself, but can't get past the install stage.

Many thanks,

Oliver Krimpas.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk