[Gllug] copying hard drives

Oliver Krimpas oliver at krimpas.com
Mon Sep 5 23:40:24 UTC 2011

Hi - I posted this message (below) yesterday and got a couple of responses, many thanks for those.

Unfortunately the sourceforge software doesn't install on my Mac (errors). And a Mac cannot read and write Ext2 files. Plus the USB discs I am using would have to be correctly formatted first, before copying the information over to them.

I've spent hours fiddling with Ubuntu to try get it to work, and just can't. The CD crashes my Mac. I can boot it off a CD on an old PC I have, but I get errors when I try to format a USB drive and errors when I actually try to install it on the machine. I've run out of time, and need to do this soon.

I really need to find someone who can physically help with this on their machine, even if it's just copying one drive over. I have a little bit of money if that would make a difference, but as a fledgling film-maker, my pockets aren't that deep. Much as I appreciate suggestions on how to do this myself, I just don't have the time to spend hours titivating over computers that keep crashing during what would seem to be the most basic operations.

Many thanks,

Oliver.