[GLLUG] Debian mobile phone

Alain D D Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Sat Apr 16 11:55:07 UTC 2022

I am going to have to get a new 'phone as my current on is 2G/3G only and they
are going to be switched off. I am with Giffgaff (which uses the O2 network).

I would like to run Debian on what I get - something that I can trust - unlike
Android which uploads stuff to google.

Does anyone have any experience with this ? What should I look for ? What avoid ?

I do not have big needs for a 'phone: voice, SMS, camera (high resolution not
needed), Internet (to tether my laptop & occasional web browsing) is about it.
If running a trusted OS then I might add ssh.

TIA

--
Alain Williams
+44 (0) 787 668 0256  https://www.phcomp.co.uk/