[GLLUG] Direct Fibre To The House

Chris Bell chrisbell at chrisbell.org.uk
Mon Aug 29 14:08:08 UTC 2022

On Monday, 29 August 2022 13:40:54 BST aidangcole--- via GLLUG wrote:

> Would using Headscale / Tailscale simply solve this without all the
> routing hassle and admin ?

Sorry, not understood. I have had to use port forwarding over a single IPv4
address together with careful firewalling to do anything.
An assigned static IPv6 block was designed to sort many problems and also
reduce the need for customer support if there is any local neighbourhood
distribution problem which could cause loss of lock, and re-assign all local
addresses together. I have already needed to power cycle my sister's
connection twice. FTTH is available to the entire estate, but there have not
been many customer connections yet. I understand that some people have seen
too many reports of problems associated with the analogue telephone
replacement system provided.

--
Chris Bell
Website chrisbell.org.uk