[GLLUG] Information please about FTTH/FTTP

James Roberts j.roberts at stabilys.com
Fri Feb 25 16:24:53 UTC 2022

Chris, they have just done my street. I am interested.

I don't have full info, but:

- they do dual fibre to the premises with (according to a fibre optic
guy on a forum) decent termination into the media box

- they supply a modem with RJ45

- they supply a Linksys mesh wifi thingy to plug in to that, something
else on the fastest speeds as it can't do 3Gbps

- there's no problem plugging the modem into a firewall instead but they
don't tech support that

- they use CGNAT on services below 300Mbps so no port forwarding or
services going out

- it's fully symmetrical

That's all I know so far. Applies to my area (NW10 xxx), I suppose it
might vary in different areas

MeJ

--
Stabilys Ltd		www.stabilys.com