[GLLUG] Information please about FTTH/FTTP

John Hearns hearnsj at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 16:24:38 UTC 2022

Chris, I Cannot comment on Community Fibre. However I have the service from
Hyperoptic. I believe they use BT fibre to the apartment block I live in.
In the basement there is a wall mounted cabinet with what I assume is a
router (I have never got a look inside it).
There is a CAT5 copper cable run to each apartment which terminates at a
standard RJ45 type socket. Hyperoptic supply a wireless box for each flat.
This has one external RJ45 port and 4 internal RJ45, plus a SIP Telephone
socket. I pay a small amount extra to get a fixed IP address.