[GLLUG] Hello, a homeuse case question (old EeePC)

MJ mirojrsc at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Mar 24 20:50:44 UTC 2022

Hi,
My Phenom MOBO went kaput, PSU + PCU or MOBO duno/

NOW only hardware daily I have is EeePC for emails, but everithing is Slooooooow.
My last kernel compile was Pentium 450Mhz running Mandrake, in late 90ties.
Would specific kernel compile specific to EeeePC improve speed, or is this mostly bloated
desktop even LXDE?

Thanks

--
MJ