[GLLUG] Comments please

John Hearns hearnsj at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 10:32:38 UTC 2023

ps. One thing which could improve healthcare computing greatly. And not
Open Source.
Thin clients or zero clients on the wards and on reception desks. Using
existing smartcards to validate the user.
Have live migrating desktops which 'follow' the card.
Advantages I can see

* staff dont have to log in to a new desktop or nailed down laptop when on
the move
* failed hardware at the server end can be swiftly switched over to a
different server (using a connection broker)
* infection control - you can get a monitor with a builtin PCOIP zero
client and power over ethernet.
   Equip that with a splashproof membrane keyboard and you have something
easy to wipe clean
* security - the Amulet Hotkey clients I am thinking of are secure up the
wazoo

Yes, you would still have your normal Windows desktop