[GLLUG] Caution with recruitment agencies

Marco van Beek mvanbeek at supporting-role.co.uk
Fri Jun 9 11:33:40 UTC 2023

The whole IR35 shell company is a bit of a minefield. I guess from what
you are saying, technically you become an employee of TEK systems, and
therefore have some degree of employee protection, at a minimum wages
form the official start date until the end of whatever notice period
would have been in the contract, so maybe three to four weeks worth of
money.

Sounds like you need an employment lawyer if you want to get any further
as TEK will no doubt deny all responsibility.

But as the previous poster inferred, did you actually sign a contract?
If not, then you are down to inferred terms of employment, which might
actually count in your favour.

Cheers,

Marco