[HLUG] Flash plug in on Firefox

Gordon Alabaster herelug at centaurus.demon.co.uk
Fri May 26 23:57:51 BST 2006

I had Fedora Core 4 working fairly smoothly but thought I would upgrade
to the much acclaimed FC5. The update did not work, so I did a complete
install from scratch. I now have all the problems that I solved with FC5
to solve again.

My current difficulty is in getting Firefox to install a plug in for
Macromedia Flash Player. If a web page needs it, I get an option to
install, which I have taken. This apparently successful install fails to
display the material on the web page, still just the icon with option to
install. I have tried installing this as root as well as normal user. I
have also tried going to a plug in site and installing from there, as
root. I following instructions and attempted to install the plug in for
all versions of Mozilla and for Firefox, but still no joy:(

Anyone got any suggestions?

Gordon.