[HLUG] New Member

j michaelson jmichaelson at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 08:15:10 BST 2008

hi broomster,

what kind of programs were you using on windows? we should be able to
find ubuntu equivalents.

a lot of opensource programs run on both windows and ubuntu, so it's
possible to introduce your partner and son to the kind of programs
they'd be using on ubuntu. once they are using these programs making
the switch is a lot less scary.

btw, how old is your son? if he's quite young he might like gcompris.
http://gcompris.net/

john.