[HLUG] SCAM to my Herefordshire LUG user name[Fwd: Abbey CustomerNotice]

Andy Smith andy at lug.org.uk
Thu Apr 24 17:08:41 BST 2008

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 11:38:15AM +0100, Mark Broadbent wrote:
> On 23/04/2008, Andrew Hodgson <andrew at hodgsonfamily.org> wrote:
> > This is quite trivial as any message posted to this list is publicly
> >  archived via the WWW - do a simple Google and you will see it in the
> >  results.
>
> I have been thinking about this off and on over the past few months if
> I should put a mailing list archive on our website with the email
> addresses removed.  I'll see if it can be done with the existing
> archive first however.

Having such a web archive is one of the most common requests over on
the lugmasters list.  Unfortunately with the built in archiver of
mailman you can't really do much except make the list archives
closed to non-subscribers.

We are evaluating mhonarc[1] and lurker[2] as possible candidates
for an alternative.

Cheers,
Andy

[1] http://www.mhonarc.org/
[2] http://lurker.sourceforge.net/

Encrypted mail welcome - keyid 0x604DE5DB