[HLUG] Recover lost data

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Sat Mar 14 08:57:03 UTC 2009

2009/3/13 Morven Lewis-Everley <m.lewis.everley at googlemail.com>:
> I was wondering if anyone knows any software (preferably open source) that
> can recover the data (I am aware there is a very small chance however).

Before you do anything at all, take a copy of the entire drive to an
image. Most linux recovery tools will let you attempt the recovery
from the image rather than from the usb device itself.

If you start attacking the drive itself it's entirely possible you can
cause more damage / data-loss and so taking an image first is wise.

Cheers,
Al.