[HLUG] Talk about Open Source at Community First Event

Julian Robbins joolsr1 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 07:16:53 UTC 2010

Hi

Something i forget to mention a few weeks back, is that when I spoke
to a Lasy at Community First (who we've previously worked on some
Linux projects with), she asked if a member of our group would like to
give a presentation etc on Open Source at their forthcoming
Voluntary/Community Groups ICT event?

I have previously been to this event a few years back, and it was well
attended with lots of people who run local charities/Community groups.

As most of these sadly could find their budgets cut quit severely,
they have to make savings, and saving on ICT is one area on interest
to these groups.

Most of these groups are small ie with staff/volunteers of 10-50, but
still they have been quite interested in Open Source in the past. I
know one local charity in Leominster that has been using Open Office
for a number of years now.

If anyone would like to present something , please get in touch, and
I'll pass you on the details.

As an event that the LUG can get involved in, well I think it may be
too close to SFD, but as a mini-project for one it may be ideal.

Mathew is this something that might interest you ?

Sorry, I dont have any more details, but I can find these out if
anyone's interested.