[HLUG] Linux. And Open Source at IBC Amsterdam

Julian Robbins joolsr1 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 10:04:00 UTC 2014

Hi

As I'm just passing time here I thought it might be worth a quick post

I'm on my last day here day 8, at IBC the International Broadcasting
Conference in Amsterdam where all get to discuss and show their wares for
broadcast and media and Satcoms.

In the exhibition halls ( all 13 of them) linux and android is huge

Most of the stands show a Linux embedded logo or Android logo on all the
many set top boxes - small raspberry pizza like devices and equipment from
the worldwide companies either European, Korean Chinese or American

There was also Collobra. - an Open Source Consultant company from Cambridge
exhibiting here who are involved in big data, embedded devices and also
partly develop Libreoffice working directly with the UK govt on the roll
out of Frances Maudes Cabinet Office Open Document standard initiative.

So all good stuff. 52000 attendees to IBC it's a huge event

Looking forward to being back in uk tomorrow  after overnight ferry
crossing tonight

See you at the September LUG Meeting next Wednesday