[HLUG] I'm a developer now .. only joking ..

Julian Robbins joolsr1 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 14:57:22 UTC 2017

Hi

I've been investigating with great interest an open source ERP system caped
ERPNext. Erpnext.com What I like about the project is that's it's a real
true open source project under gpl 3 and grateful and working with the
community. Odoo is another open source ERP. But recently it's become as
oprn vote project where the open community edition has misanthropic useful
parts like Gantt charts left out .. you need to buy the main version for
these now ...

But with ERPNext they make things easy. I noticed a simple typo in the
docs.  The docs are a Github based project so as I have an account
elsewhere for bug reporting I logged in. It was so easy to promote a pull
request and today my spelling fix has been approved and merged with trunk.

But so easy .. great when you  can help your favourite floss project so so
easily.

In fact u might do a season about ERPNEXT at a lug meeting as it's such a
nice tool