[HLUG] Running two monitors from one machine with different scaling

Julian Robbins joolsr1 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 12:07:14 UTC 2023

Hi

I've run into a problem with my use of Pop OS where if i use two screens,
say the laptop screen 3000x2000 but using scaling to 200% , and a separate
22" monitor that they both can only use the same scaling factor. This is
apparently a limitation with Gnome up to version 45, which isnt available
on Pop OS

Gnome 45 DOES provide independent control of scaling apparently so should
give me what I want.

I'm looking around to see what distros could work for me?

I tried a Arch based KDE distro CachyOS which looked good and out of the
box hada  better set-up of screens but still didnt permit different scaling
factors for each screen.

So I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas ... ? I could perhaps use a
liveUSB until POPOs adds Gnome 45 support but really this this capability
for work demonstrations ..

Thanks