[HLUG] Running two monitors from one machine with different scaling

Julian Robbins joolsr1 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 09:46:39 UTC 2023

Hi Ceri

Yeah strange that RHEL9 supports it but other newer distros dont ..

Confusing Ubuntu 23.10 has gnome 45.0 and should support this but when i
tried it it didnt either ! However trying Fedora 39 Beta and gnome 45, the
scaling feature works out of the box automatically to suit optimal screens
resolutions, worked amazingly !

but just after trying that I read this
https://devicetests.com/set-different-scaling-multi-monitors-gnome

So there are ways even with older versions of gnome to use different
monitor scaling anyway with the experimental features enabled.

I tried the arandr app (doesnt like Wayland) but in xorg allows you to make
changes as i require perfectly in Pop Os 22.04 .

So for anyone who wants to try it i'd give axrandr as in the link, its easy
to use and you can save the settings as required.

So in the end I didnt need to install a new distro, alongside my existing
POpos but no matter ...

Hopefully this info will be useful to someone else

Thanks again

Julian