[HLUG] Tuesday today meeting - Home Assistant ?

George Miles dicegeorge@hotmail.com dicegeorge at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 29 20:23:36 UTC 2024

It was well worth going to Hereford HLUG Tuesday,

If I understood Ceri properly,
to control his house lights
he doesnt have any relays,
but smart bulbs everywhere,
all left turned on at the switch.

Mobile phone Home Assistant turns them on and off as needed,
(but if you turn a wall switch off and then on the light will come on
again if the computer had turned it off.)

However I think I may buy a couple of the relays to put in old light
switches or in the ceiling to test them out...
smart bulbs are five times the price of dumb ones!

I might get involved helping with their documentation at
https://github.com/home-assistant

George