[Herts] New Toy

Andrew Benham herts at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Jul 10 12:14:01 2003

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 "Cyberesque" <cyberesque@softhome.net> wrote:

> I also need a bit of advice about how to share a monitor, keyboard, mouse
> and internet connection (Wireless PCI).

If you install VNC on both the machines, you needed worry about sharing
monitor, keyboard, and mouse because you can control one machine from
another.
And VNC is cross-platform, in case you ever need to run W*nd*ws.

VNC's development sems to have split rather, take your choice
from the following:

www.realvnc.com
www.tightvnc.com
www.tridiavnc.com

As for sharing the Internet connection, you need to setup iptables
to do IP masquerading, and allow IP forwarding in the kernel.

If there's any call for it, I can post my iptables setup, which
was manually done, quite simple, and blocks all inbound connections.

--
Andrew Benham     adsb@adsb.co.uk
Southgate, London N14, United Kingdom

The gates in my computer are AND OR and NOT, not "Bill".