[Herts] LPI Materials via IBM

Herman Verkade Herman.Verkade at iqware.co.uk
Thu Feb 5 10:33:16 GMT 2004

On Thu, 2004-02-05 at 09:17, tony.tibbenham at sonoco.com wrote:
> All,
>
> Here is the link to IBM DeveloperWorks for their LPI training materials as
> promised last night
> www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/edu/l-dw-linuxlpi1-i.html
>
> DeveloperWorks requires registration (free) but has a wealth of Linux
> training materials including tutorials designed to prepare you for the
> Linux Professional Institute exams and articles on secure Linux
> programming.

I went through them all a couple of months back, and found them very
good indeed, especially for someone like me who just needed to refresh
some knowledge and 'fill in the gaps'. Not sure how good they would be
for complete newbies, though.

However, I found that the topics covered do not completely match the
list of objectives for each of the exams as listed on the LPI web site
(See http://www.lpi.org/en/lpic.html). Some of the 101 topics are on the
IBM site as 102 topics, and some topics are not covered at all. So do
NOT rely entirely on these tutorials.

Herman
--
Herman Verkade <Herman.Verkade at iqware.co.uk>