[Herts] Video Editing With Linux

Steve Clark steve at bagofspoons.net
Sun Dec 25 14:02:31 GMT 2005

On Sunday 25 December 2005 11:44, Jason Clifford wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Dec 2005, nicolas wrote:
> > As part of my Christmas push away from XP..
> > Has anyone done any basic video editing on Linux. I have never had much
> > luck with it on XP(!)
>
> Yes I produced my sister's wedding DVD on Linux using Kino.
>
> I used a Mini DV camcorder to record it. Firewire (IEEE1394) to get it
> onto the box and Kino to edit it.
>
> Do note that you need LOTS of disk space for this as the files are
> enormous.
>
> Jason

I've had a brief play with Kino and managed to get some footage from the
camera. I need to look at editing and converting for DVD. I've got a few
tapes of the kids that I would like to convert. I'm not bothered about fancy
effects, just the basics.

Maybe Jason can give us a demo at a meeting.

Happy Xmas/Midwinter/Whatever everyone.