[Herts] Video Editing With Linux

Rob Smith rob at rob-smith.co.uk
Sun Dec 25 14:23:29 GMT 2005

On Sun, 2005-12-25 at 10:42 +0000, nicolas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Happy Christmas!!!!
>
> As part of my Christmas push away from XP..
> Has anyone done any basic video editing on Linux. I have never had much
> luck with it on XP(!)
>
> Any comments, hints URL's?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Regards
> Nicolas

Hi,

We record the talks we have at Hants LUG meetings on A DV recorder.

I then grab them from the camera to my media box via firewire using kino
[1]  Then export them to MPEG2. I read this into avidemux [2] to finally
export them as avi [3]

The original talks were in the order of 16G each.  These then reduced to
about a 2G mpeg.  Finally resulting in a 60M avi,

The final format is then  easier for those in the LUG that missed the
talks to download and view.

HTH

Rob.

[1] http://www.kinodv.org/